over 7 years ago
Two more days!
You only have a couple more days to put the finishing touches on your submissions and polish them before the deadline: Thursday, Sept 17, 5 p.m. PDT (San Jose time).
To ensure your submission you've worked so hard on will qualify for judging and has the best chance of impressing our judges, please review the official rules on the challenge site and the tips below:REQUIREMENTS
A complete submission includes the following:
- A working software application that uses at least one of the VTA Datasets available at https://data.vta.org or http://www.vta.org/getting-around/gtfs-info/gtfs-information, and can update and refresh the data.
- The application must run on at least one of the following: a smartphone or tablet, a web browser (mobile or desktop), a desktop computer, other hardware (including, but not limited to, wearable technology, open source hardware, or proprietary hardware). Your application does not have to be available publicly or in an app store.
- A video that clearly explains your application’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
Here's how you enter:
- Register for the Challenge by clicking the “Register for this Challenge” button at hackmyride2.challengepost.com. Sign up to create a ChallengePost account, or log in with an existing ChallengePost account.
- Create a software application that integrates and utilizes at least one of the VTA Open Data datasets available at https://data.vta.org or GTFS feeds available at http://www.vta.org/getting-around/gtfs-info/gtfs-information
- Create a video that clearly explains your application’s features and functionality through a comprehensive demonstration.
- Complete the “Enter a Submission” page of the Challenge Website before the end of the submission period. See the Official Rules for additional requirements.
- Quality of Idea
Includes creativity and originality.
- Implementation of Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and how well the Application integrates the required VTA public data and APIs and any other utilized data.
- Potential Impact
Includes the extent to which the Application will impact transit ridership retention and growth, as well as the potential impact on the riders’ transit experience.